A major school system and RAHS initiative is raising the attendance rate. We will have a cumulative attendance rate of 90% by the end of the 2019-2020 school year! During this school year, the staff will capture attendance using the following mechanisms:
- Every student will be issued an id and will swipe in using the CAASS system upon arrival.
- Teachers are expected to document attendance in Infinite Campus every period- No Exceptions.
- Teachers will also post their weekly attendance rate for each class period outside their classroom on Friday of each week.
- Class attendance should be carefully noted. This information is placed on the report card each quarter.
- Notify the parents/guardian of any student who has missed (2) days of class.
- After 5 days of absenteeism complete an SST referral, submit to an administrator and document ALL communication made whether written or verbal. Keep the communication log updated.
If a student misses more than 5 school days in an academic quarter then he/she is placed at risk for chronic absenteeism, dropped from the school roster and ultimately at risk for dropping out of school. We are all accountable.
A student should be sent to the nurse if, in the judgment of the teacher, signs of illness are shown. The student should take a nurse pass with them to the health suite signed by the teacher indicating briefly the nature of the illness. In no case should the teacher send an ill student home.
The Health Suite and or an administrator will be responsible for contacting parents and sending students home.
In the case of an accident in your classroom or witnessed by you, the office and administrator should be notified immediately. The standard Student Accident Report Form is to be completed for all school jurisdiction accidents. School jurisdiction accidents are those that occur on school property, to and from school, or at a school sponsored activity (such as educational trips or extracurricular activities), and a result in injuries, which requires medical attention or keeps a student out of school one-half day or more. The teacher must email an account of the accident to the administrative team, and the school administrator will sign off on the form once submitted.